Steamed Collard Greens and Onions
- 16 ounces Palmetto GardensTM Collard Greens
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- Zest from one lemon, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
In a large skillet, steam collard greens and onion in ½ cup water for 10 minutes over medium heat. Meanwhile combine lemon juice, half of lemon zest, garlic, and olive oil. Place steamed collards in a serving dish and toss with prepared dressing. Stir in salt, pepper and sugar.
Toss with almonds just before serving and garnish with remainder of lemon zest.